Friday, August 10, 2012

For Swedish photographer Jimmy Wixtrom, it pays to be recognised by Usain Bolt. Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/olympics/athletics-london-2012/from-track-speed-to-shutter-speed-bolt-just-clicks-20120810-23ybr.html#ixzz2395Fc7CZ










I was just screaming 'Bolt, Bolt, Bolt'. I met him a few times before here and asked him if I could take a picture before ... I guess when he saw me, he recognised me and thought 'OK, that's the same guy again'. 

"Today I was up in the stands shooting another picture [of the race] with the Olympic flame in front. Then I saw him walking slowly around and I think (sic) maybe if I go down there," Wixtrom explained.

"I was running all over the place and I was just in time.

"I was just screaming 'Bolt, Bolt, Bolt'. I met him a few times before here and asked him if I could take a picture before ... I guess when he saw me, he recognised me and thought 'OK, that's the same guy again'."

The results were some geninuely exclusive photos of the race's aftermath, except they were taken by the star of the show himself. Bolt targeted his focus on Blake, along with dozens of other lenses pointed back his way.

Wixtrom's employers back at home would be happy, the Swede pointed out, now that they are in possession of some unique images that could possibly be labelled 'From The Eyes of Bolt'.

He says the photos are excellent and agrees the Jamaican superstar may have something of an eye for photography.

"It was amazing. The picture was fantastic ... he's the biggest person in the world right now ... doing this (gestering the characteristic 'Lightning Bolt')."
When the Jamaican was later asked about his brief foray into photography, he flashed a characteristic smile. "It always makes for a great picture. So for me it was fun."


Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/olympics/athletics-london-2012/from-track-speed-to-shutter-speed-bolt-just-clicks-20120810-23ybr.html#ixzz2395JPDpx

2 comments:

http://www.jayrowden.com said...

It was a magic moment and a fantastic set of photographs. Though the copyright to the photos actually belongs to Usain Bolt as he pressed the shutter! Bizarre but true.

Cheers


Jay Rowden

Harpreet on August 12, 2012 at 5:37 PM said...

Thanks Jay . he is a legend indeed... so are the people who helped him to reach so far... !!

Post a Comment

Followers

About Me

 

WORLD_AROUND_US. Copyright 2008 All Rights Reserved Revolution Two Church theme by Brian Gardner Converted into Blogger Template by Bloganol dot com